Deep conditioning hair mask is a nourishing hair treatment for your hair. They mostly contain butter, oils, and hydrating ingredients which modify your hair conditioning efforts. Deep conditioning hair masks can also replenish your hair and give it shine. They spend more time sinking into hair thus providing better nourishment to your hair than any average shampoo or conditioner.
Healthy hair is a thing you either have or you do not. Deep conditioning hair masks make your hair feel healthy. Hair masks are the perfect way to help reduce hair breakage without you having to leave the ease of home. Deep conditioning hair mask with natural ingredients is one of the best ways by which you can treat your hair at home.
Deep conditioning treatments for hair at home
A weekly deep conditioning treatment is greatly recommended whether your hair is dry, oily, or straight. This treatment makes your hair more manageable. The extra hydration keeps your sebaceous glands in check, ensuring optimum production of sebum. Both oil and water-based conditioning treatments work well for dry hair. A water-based deep conditioning treatment is usually suggested for greasy hair.
Deep conditioning with shea butter
Shea butter contains saturated fats and fatty acids which nourish and condition your hair. It is known for its soothing properties as it locks the moisture in your hair shafts. It also protects hair from the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- Apply shea butter from roots to the tips of your hair. In case of an oily scalp or dry hair, apply it from mid-lengths to the tips.
- After coating your hair with the shea butter, cover it with a hot towel. Heat the towel with a blow dryer on the hot setting.
- Wrap the towel around your hair for almost 50 to 60 minutes.
- Then wash and condition your hair.
How Often Can You Use it?
If you have dry hair, treat them with shea butter three times a week. Use shea butter as a deep conditioner once a week for oily hair.
Wash the butter out of your hair well. If you have oily or combination hair, don’t apply the butter to hair roots.
Deep conditioning with yogurt
Yogurt is rich in lactic acid which helps exfoliate your scalp softly. It also gives you frizz-free hair. This deep conditioner hair mask makes your hair more manageable. It is a perfect deep conditioner for people with oily hair as yogurt stiffens the hair follicles. This treatment also controls the production of sebum.
- Wash your hair with a shampoo and skip conditioning.
- Once your hair is dry, apply yogurt along with the length of hair, from the roots to the tips.
- Let the yogurt stay in your hair for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Then rinse it out with lukewarm water.
Apply deep conditioning yogurt mask to your hair twice a week. It is great for people who have oily hair.
Clean your hair before applying this hair pack. This is because that there should be no buildup of dust which may prevent the nutrients from being absorbed.
Deep conditioning with Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains 95% water and it locks moisture in your hair shafts. Rubbing the gel into the scalp can prevent hair loss. It also promotes healthy hair growth. It possesses anti-inflammatory properties which maintain the health of your scalp and control other issues such as dandruff.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it to extract about half a cup or more gel with a spoon.
- Blend the gel well until it gets a smooth consistency.
- Wash your hair with shampoo but skip conditioning.
- While your hair is still damp, apply the gel to your hair from roots to tips.
- Let the Aloe Vera gel stay in your hair for almost 30 minutes.
- Then wash your hair out with slightly warm water.
Apply Aloe Vera once a week to your hair for best results.
Avoid the use of water that is too warm to wash your hair as this will strip it of moisture.
Hot Oil Therapy
Treating hair with hot oil opens your cuticles for maximum penetration. This allows better absorption of moisture and nutrients. Regular hot oil treatments keep the scalp moisturized and healthy.
- Take 4-5 tablespoons of your preferred carrier oil like coconut or olive.
- Add some drops of your favorite essential oil to it.
- Pour the oil into a ziplock bag and heat it by immersing it in hot water.
- Section your hair and apply the oil from roots to the tips.
- After covering your hair in oil, wrap it in a moist, hot towel.
- Let the oil stay for almost 30-45 minutes, then rinse with shampoo and condition.
How Often Should You Use it?
Treat your hair with hot oil thrice a week. But it all depends on how dry your hair is.
If you have oily hair use this treatment once a week. Oiling greasy hair helps calm down overzealous sebaceous glands which control sebum production.
Benefits of a deep conditioning hair mask
Conditioning hair is a daily practice. It gives your hair the moisture it requires. But deep conditioning is inordinate for your hair, as it takes conditioning to a new level.
Here are the reasons showing why deep conditioning should be a part of your beauty routine,
- Protects your hair
The heat-based tools like straighteners, hairdryers, or curling irons and bleaches used for coloring dry hair out, often make your hair dry and feel like straw. Deep conditioners protect your hair during these treatments. It infuses the hair with moisture and locks it in. This can help strands cope with severe treatments.
- Ensures enough hydration of hair
Deep conditioners are concerted moisturizers and can give your hair the hydration. Your hair needs hydration to bounce back from dryness and also to reduce problems like hair breakage and split ends. If you have dry hair, you should use deep conditioning hair mask on a regular basis. Healthy hair feels soft and durable when touched, but the texture of dry hair is usually hard and weak.
- Adds shine & Reduces frizz
Oil-based deep conditioners are particularly good at restoring the natural shine and luster of hair while fighting frizz. Achieving shiny, silky hair seems like a far-off dream for many people. But deep conditioning is a simple way to help lock in moisture and attain that shine and frizz control.
- Heals hair damage
Damaged hair can’t always be wholly repaired, but a deep conditioner hair mask can help bring back the nourishment and hydration which damaged hair needs. Damaged hair can become healthy again by regular treatments and trimming.
Whether you have a time for a hair mask or need to sneak in a treatment when you find a time, hair treatments are worth it. Also, hair masks can easily handle from dry to damaged hair. They can make an enormous difference in your hair.