Skincare- who doesn’t like a fine skin, shining with glow and a skin which is far from blackheads, wrinkles or dark circles. We all love having good skin which is pure of any impurities. Right? Well, while being conscious of having a good skin is a good thing in and itself, we however-believe that being obsessed with having a good skin can be quite devastating for health. Not ‘health’, in fact, ‘mental health’ in particular. So, do give your skin a good care but just don’t become obsessed with it. While we are on the topic of skincare, here’s a research by Harvard which shows the new techniques which dermatologists have found for having younger skins, but without going through the ordeal of surgery.
What does this new procedure do?
The new procedures which the dermatologists have introduced now can be helpful in removing the fine lines, can help in filling in the deeper ones, and can also be helpful in lightening your pigmented areas of the skin.
As per the research, such procedures are helpful in giving your skin a new life as they help in reviving the skin that either gets worn out because of always remaining under the exposure of sun or because of time that starts affecting one’s skin.
How much time do these procedures take for healing?
The recovery time of such procedures is quite less than that of surgeries. People who normally have work and want to get back to their routines as early as possible often find surgeries a painstakingly slow process. Because that requires some time for healing. Also, the chemicals which leave the wounds or scars on the skin take quite a time before healing. Another downside of surgery treatments is that after surgery, a person is required to go through the processes of maintenance as well.
Thus, here comes the easiness of these procedures. Because you don’t have to go through the painstakingly slow processes. Also, the other benefit of taking it up is that your skin will be healed quickly and you will also notice having significant results.
The treatments which are available for different sort of skin problems are mentioned as follows:
- Brown Spots
- Wrinkles or fine lines
- Forehead lines
- Hair Removal
For the above four mentioned skin problems, there are different treatments available. We are going to discuss those problems in the following section.
1. How can brown spots be treated?
- Brown spots can be treated by using bleaching cream which is quite inexpensive as well as takes hardly any recovery time but it doesn’t have quite significant effects.
- The other method is of retinoid cream. A retinoid cream is a bit expensive but the results are quite significant by using this procedure, though they are moderately significant.
- The third procedure is to use the chemical peel. A chemical peel is an expensive procedure but gives better and effective results as compared to the other two mentioned before.
2. How fine lines or fine wrinkles can be treated?
- For treating fine lines or fine wrinkles, lotions containing alpha hydroxy acids or beta hydroxy acids can’t go wrong. This is one of the effective yet cheap methods of treating your lines.
- The other two are Retinoid cream and the chemical peel. Both of these are equally effective in the treatment. The recovery time of the chemical peel is quite less than the other treatment options.
3. How can forehead lines be treated?
- The forehead lines can be treated by using Botulinum toxin injections which are quite effective, though it is an expensive one too. The recovery doesn’t take much time. But this requires recurrent treatment.
- Using injectable fillers is another treatment used for treating lines. And this can be used by combining with the Botulinum toxin injections as well.
4. How can hairs be removed from the skin?
- Electrolysis is a method for removing hair.
- Intense pulsed light, another procedure can be used for this purpose. However, this doesn’t work on tanned or dark skins.
- The last one is laser removal which is quite expensive and requires recurrent treatments as well.